NSPCC unveils Dream Auction with star-studded ad
LONDON - Children's charity NSPCC is launching a new television campaign featuring stars such as Christian Slater, Johnny Vegas and Bruce Forsyth, which aims to get the public to take part in its £10m Dream Auction being run in partnership with eBay.
The ads, created by United London, show a celebrity taking part in the eBay auction and the purpose is to raise £10m to fund the rollout of There4me.com, the NSPCC's interactive website that gives children access to online counselling.
'X-Files' star Gillian Anderson, Charles Dance and Ronnie Corbett also appear in the TV ads, each of which ends asking what the public would bid for in the auction. The ads will appear throughout this month in airspace donated by broadcasters.
'Spooks' and 'Bleak House' director Justin Chadwick was hired to make the TV ads in his commercial debut.
The lots in the auction, which have been donated, include an invite to David and Victoria Beckham's World Cup football party, a year's supply of Krispy Kreme donuts, a dinner at the Embassy restaurant in Mayfair, an 'X-Men 3' London screening for 72 people, a shopping trip with Liz Hurley and a chance to sing with Bryan Adams.
The campaign will also use press, radio and outdoor advertising.
Creative director on the TV ad was Robert Campbell and the producer was Emma Rookledge, while print and outdoor was produced by Tag and Billboard Posters.
To enter the auction bidders need to go to Dreamauctionfullstop.com, a site developed by London agency Poke.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - Post Campaign Management - Ad Ops Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + bonus, London
- Regional HR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £45000 per annum + package , Leeds
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive + fantastic benefits package, London
- PPC Senior Executive - Family Feel Media Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London