Adidas names new global marketing chief
LONDON - Adidas has moved Uli Becker, its head of global brand marketing, across to do the same job at Reebok and replaced him at Adidas with American marketer Eric Liedtke.
The appointment of Liedtke, who was vice-president of marketing for Adidas America, follows the conclusion of the £160m global pitch to consolidate the media planning and buying for the Adidas and Reebok accounts into Carat.
Becker, who starts his new role on July 17, will oversee global product and sports marketing, global brand marketing and global brand public relations for Reebok, and will report directly to Paul Harrington, president and chief executive of the Reebok brand.
He replaces Dennis Baldwin, who has left Reebok to pursue new professional interests. Baldwin and Becker had taken a joint role leading the marketing team in the Adidas and Reebok integration process, which started when Adidas purchased the Reebok brand last August for £2.1bn.
Becker has been with the Adidas Group more than 16 years and during that period, he has held various senior management positions in product marketing, brand communication, advertising, media and sales on a global, regional and local level.
Harrington said: "Strengthening our marketing and brand positioning is a cornerstone to our business strategy at Reebok.
"Uli and his Reebok brand marketing team will expand upon and evolve our overall brand marketing strategy around individuality and authenticity, while also focusing on our key performance strategic initiatives, which include running and our league relationships with the NFL, NHL and MLB."
A replacement for Becker in his former role of head of global brand marketing for Adidas is now being sought. Becker will be based at the Reebok worldwide headquarters in the US.
Reebok was responsible for the recent "I am what I am" campaign featuring celebrities including rapper 50 Cent and Olympic boxer Amir Khan.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1