Clear Channel snaps up Van Wagner's UK division
LONDON - Clear Channel Outdoor has acquired Van Wagner's UK operations in what is understood to be a multi-million pound deal.
The acquisition will add two new formats to Clear Channel Outdoor's portfolio, including the large format Mega 96-sheet and Mega six-sheet products. The move is set to strengthen Clear Channel Outdoor's market-leading position, with additional backlit 96-sheet billboards and a range of special build billboard sites.
Barry Sayer, chief executive of Clear Channel Outdoor UK, said: "The acquisition of Van Wagner's UK assets will significantly enhance the quality of Clear Channel Outdoor's UK product, with 70 sites in the most prestigious locations across the Capital, including the iconic LED screen in Piccadilly Circus and sites at London Bridge and the M4 motorway."
Richard Schaps, chief executive of Van Wagner Communications, said: "We are very proud of the premium locations we have developed in the UK. The introduction of premium standalone spectacular locations is something that Van Wagner has been famous for.
"We are confident that Clear Channel will continue to operate them with the same commitment to quality presentation and customer service that are so much a part of the Van Wagner tradition."
Van Wagner launched in the UK in 1999 and has just under 100 sites, many in the outsize format. Many of the sites are back-illuminated to achieve maximum impact for advertisers.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Senior Mobile Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £47500 - £50000 per annum + +£30k OTE, London