Kimberly-Clark consolidates North American and European account into JWT
LONDON - Toiletries and cosmetics giant Kimberly-Clark has handed its North American and European personal care brand advertising to WPP Group agency JWT.
The agency, which currently holds the account for Kimberly-Clark family care brands worldwide, including Kleenex, Scott, Cottonelle, Viva and Andrex, will also be responsible for the Huggies, Pull-Ups, Goodnites, DryNites, Depend, Kotex, Little Swimmers and Poise brands previously handled by WPP's Ogilvy & Mather.
Kimberly-Clark will maintain its relationship with Ogilvy & Mather for its personal care brands in developing and emerging markets in Latin America, Asia Pacific, Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Steve Kalmanson, Kimberley-Clark group president, said: "This is consistent with our strategies of creating integrated solutions for our shoppers and users and becoming the indispensable partner to our customers."
Kimberley-Clark switched the advertising for the Andrex brand in 1999, moving it out of Interpublic creative shop FCB and into JWT globally.
In the UK, the business moved from Banks Hoggins/FCB to JWT and the switch to JWT marked a return of the brand to the agency that created the iconic Andrex puppy.
JWT has courted controversy in its work for the brand. A press ad for Andrex's Moistened toilet paper, which featured the image of the rear of a man and women with the text "could you be cleaner?", racked up 62 complaints labelling the campaign offensive and demeaning in October 2005.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Freelance Planner - FMCG, Pitches & Government Business Speckled Frog £250-£300 daily rate, possibly negotiable, dependent on experience, Central London
- Brand and Marketing Manager sipsmith Up to £30,000 = Benefits (including gin!), Chiswick. London
- Sales Manager - Content Business Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + incredible commission, London
- Affiliate Executive - Huge Client - Global Media Agency Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum, London