Kimberly-Clark consolidates North American and European account into JWT
LONDON - Toiletries and cosmetics giant Kimberly-Clark has handed its North American and European personal care brand advertising to WPP Group agency JWT.
The agency, which currently holds the account for Kimberly-Clark family care brands worldwide, including Kleenex, Scott, Cottonelle, Viva and Andrex, will also be responsible for the Huggies, Pull-Ups, Goodnites, DryNites, Depend, Kotex, Little Swimmers and Poise brands previously handled by WPP's Ogilvy & Mather.
Kimberly-Clark will maintain its relationship with Ogilvy & Mather for its personal care brands in developing and emerging markets in Latin America, Asia Pacific, Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Steve Kalmanson, Kimberley-Clark group president, said: "This is consistent with our strategies of creating integrated solutions for our shoppers and users and becoming the indispensable partner to our customers."
Kimberley-Clark switched the advertising for the Andrex brand in 1999, moving it out of Interpublic creative shop FCB and into JWT globally.
In the UK, the business moved from Banks Hoggins/FCB to JWT and the switch to JWT marked a return of the brand to the agency that created the iconic Andrex puppy.
JWT has courted controversy in its work for the brand. A press ad for Andrex's Moistened toilet paper, which featured the image of the rear of a man and women with the text "could you be cleaner?", racked up 62 complaints labelling the campaign offensive and demeaning in October 2005.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Propositions Marketing Manager Harvey Nash £35000 - £40000 per annum, Walsall
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey