Schoonmaker mulls £300m bid for All3Media
LONDON - Tim Schoonmaker, the former Emap radio chief executive now at Credit Suisse, has been linked with a possible bid for independent TV production company All3Media, the producer of drama series 'Shameless' and 'Midsomer Murders'.
According to a report in The Times, All3Media, which is funded by Bridgepoint Capital, is being advised by UBS on a strategic review of the company, with a view to a possible £300m future sell-off.
However, All3Media, which also produces 'Richard & Judy', is likely to attract interest from European broadcaster RTL, the owners of Five, Endemol and several other large-scale production firms.
Schoonmaker, who is now head of Credit Suisse's European media investment team, has not confirmed whether the international financial services group would be interested in making a sole bid for All3Media, or if it would bid with another party.
Schoonmaker was the former chief executive of Emap Performance, Emap's radio division, and resigned in January 2004. He was subsequently linked with a failed takeover bid for GCap Media by buyout firm CVC.
It is understood that if All3Media chooses to carry out an initial public offering, it will be likely to follow the example set by RDF last year, which floated for £49m, and Shed, which went for £55m.
All3Media was formed in 2003, following the acquisition of Chrysalis Group's TV division. Headed by former Granada CEO Steve Morrison, the management team includes creative director David Liddiment, chief operating officer Jules Burns, finance director John Pfeil and non-executive chairman Sir Robert Phillis.
It also has an international distribution network, All3Media International, which is represented by third-party producers and broadcasters, as well as other production houses.
In July last year, All3Media bought Phil Redmond's Mersey Television, producers of 'Hollyoaks' and 'Grange Hill' for a reported £35m.
Its stable of independent production firms now includes Bentley, North One, Lion, Cactus and Company Pictures.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London