London university hands marketing duties to Cubo
LONDON – London Metropolitan University has appointed Cubo to handle its integrated marketing account following a three-way pitch.
London Metropolitan is the capital's largest single university with 35,000 students and two campuses situated in North London and the City of London. The account had been held by Beechwood, which did repitch for the account.
Cubo is preparing its first student recruitment campaign for August and has also been tasked with raising the profile of the university.
The agency invited students from the university's design course in for work experience and to give it an insight into life at the university.
Catherine Downes, head of marketing at London Metropolitan, said: "Making use of our design students was an inspired idea. It showed us that as an agency Cubo is willing to go that extra step and move away from the conventional to make things happen."
Cubo was acquired by holding company Cagney, which also owns Chick Smith Trott and PR agency The Media Foundry in February.
Pic: Justin Cormack
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Account Manager, Integrated Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Publishing Communications Manager - Job-share,3 days a week Stopgap £30000 - £33000 per annum, London
- Mid level and Senior Digital Project Managers Zebra People £30000 - £50000 per annum + great benefits, East London
- Visual Merchandising Project Manager - Luxury CG Jarlett de Grouchy £35000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Wimbledon
- Case Manager/Administrator - Pensions Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £30000 per annum + excellent bens, London