MPG wins £2m HoMedics health group account
LONDON - Media Planning Group has won the £2m account for HoMedics, the manufacturer of personal health and wellbeing products.
Founded in 1987, HoMedics has established its reputation as the leading manufacturer of back and body massagers.
The company sells products across the US, Australia and internationally, and the appointment of MPG marks the launch of a major marketing drive for HoMedics in the UK.
Ann Rasure, marketing director at HoMedics UK, said: "We have an opportunity to establish HoMedics as the UK's leading brand in consumer health and wellness appliances. Investing in a multimedia advertising campaign around an innovative product like our Shiatsu Massage Cushion will be the first step toward achieving this goal. We appointed MPG because we believe it can help us make this happen."
Mark Craze, MPG managing partner, said: "This is a fascinating category with huge potential for growth. HoMedics is an innovator in its sector, and it requires equal amounts of innovation in its marketing."
HoMedics will launch nationally in October this year with a mixed-media campaign for its Therapist Select Shiatsu Massage Cushion.
The company also distributes product through retailers in more than 60 countries. HoMedics is a privately owned company headquartered in Commerce Township, Michigan.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Artworker - Mid-Weight Major Players negotiable, London
- Digital Senior Sales Executive Ultimate Asset £28000 - £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Sales Executive Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Sales Manger - Extreme Sports Publisher Ultimate Asset £35000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits & commission, London