Yahoo! links up with 3 for mobile internet deal
LONDON - Yahoo! has signed a strategic agreement with mobile phone operator 3 to provide a raft of internet services on its network.
The global deal launches in the UK within weeks and will then be rolled out across Asia-Pacific, Europe and Hutchison Telecommunications International in Hong Kong and India.
Christian Salbaing, 3 group managing director of Europe telecommunications, said: "This relationship isn't just about us buying more content to put on our portal, it's about a deep engagement between our two companies to bring some of the world's most popular internet services and content to 3's networks."
The deal includes use of Yahoo! Search, Yahoo! Mobile Web, Yahoo! Messenger, Yahoo! Mail and Yahoo! Go for Mobile, as well as future services and involves joint promotion by both Yahoo! and 3. This is Yahoo!'s first strategic alliance with a mobile phone operator.
Geraldine Wilson, vice-president for Yahoo!'s communications division Connected Life, added: "This announcement is another milestone in Yahoo!'s strategy to extend our user experience.
"This arrangement gives us a new opportunity to take Yahoo! content and services to even more potential users, especially those that might not have ready or frequent access to the internet via a PC."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East