Clear Channel seals Magink deal for digital billboard
LONDON - Clear Channel Outdoor has agreed a partnership with Magink to develop the UK's first network of outdoor digital ink billboards across London for the autumn.
The digital ink billboards will appear in 10 prime locations in the capital, following a deal with Magink Display Technology. The Cromwell Road and Vauxhall have already earmarked for displays, and will be controlled from a central hub connected to a network of five advertisers.
Clear Channel said the digital ink billboards would provide advertisers with flexibility to target audiences with time-sensitive messages and refreshed creative content.
Magink, which devised the technology, said the billboards would deliver better visibility in sunlight and lower power consumption than traditional LED displays.
Paul Meyer, global president of Clear Channel Outdoor, said: "We've spent nearly three years working with Magink to achieve this milestone and believe this project will be invaluable in developing our long-term strategy for rolling out energy-efficient digital displays across our many markets."
The company said it would offer up to five advertisers and one traffic news company the chance to book space on the displays under a one-year contract.
The digital ink displays rotate five-second, high-impact static images every 30 seconds, which Clear Channel saying it will produce an estimated 19,000 ad displays a week.
Ran Poliakine, founder of Magink, said: "Together, we are going to improve the outdoor advertising landscape for marketers and consumers.
"We can't wait to get started this autumn and look forward to establishing additional digital networks with Clear Channel."
JCDecaux recently trialled Magink billboards at the Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account/Project Manager - Brand Campaigns Kate Marsh Recruitment up to £32K, East London