Coke shows happiness in a bottle for new campaign
LONDON - Coca-Cola has launched a new global campaign with the theme of 'happiness in a bottle', while returning to the familiar style of previous iconic 1970s and 80s campaign such as 'The real thing' and 'Coke is it'.
The "happiness factory" spot, created by Wieden & Kennedy, Amsterdam, is part of "The Coke side of life" campaign.
The spot opens with a man putting a coin into a Coca-Cola vending machine and follows the journey of the coin into an animated fantasy land before the drink is finally delivered to the waiting man.
Wieden & Kennedy says it aims to take the audience on a journey through a Coke vending machine into a "fantasy land full of wondrous characters and spectacular landscapes" all of which contributes to the delivery of happiness in a bottle.
The ads take on a 70s feel and will try to position the brand as "happiness" and match the success of Coca-Cola's "always" campaign, which ended in 1999.
It is expected to break in around 199 countries, although Coca-Cola has not yet confirmed that it will come to the UK.
Directors on the ad are Todd Mueller and Kylie Matulick, creative directors are Rick Condos and Hunter Hindman and executive creative directors are Al Moseley and John Norman.
The campaign will run for 12 weeks with 30-, 45-, 60- and 90-second versions.
Last year, Coke launched a number of new products, with more on the horizon such as a coffee-flavoured soda called Coca-Cola Blak and a Tab energy drink for woman.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London