Former Loaded editor to succeed Gutfeld at Maxim
LONDON – Nuts deputy editor Derek Harbinson has been appointed as the new editor of Maxim, succeeding the American Greg Gutfeld who left in March after learning that his two-year contract would not be renewed.
Former Loaded editor Harbinson is set to join Dennis Publishing in August, taking over from Eoin McSorley, who has filled in as acting editor.
Harbinson said: "It's going to be fun meeting the challenges of this role head on."
He will have to face Maxim's nosediving circulation and the pressure men's monthlies are under from Nuts and Emap's Zoo.
In the first half of this year Maxim's circulation dropped to 185,908, 18.2% down on the 227,377 copies sold during the second half of 2005. It was embarrassingly forced to reduce its ABC figure because of delays to the delivery of 4,530 free copies.
Harbinson has been brought in by Bruce Sandell, the former Maxim publisher who stepped up to become managing director of Dennis's consumer division in March.
"Derek has the vision to drive copy sales and make sure the magazine outperforms the market," Sandell said.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Director / Senior Account Manager - Retail Branding & Interiors Royds Raphael £40K - £50K, London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London