Fremantle Media announce executive changes following senior management shake up
LONDON - Alan Boyd, the president of Fremantle Media, the production company behind 'Pop Idol' and 'Jamie's School Dinners', is to step back from his role following a senior management shake-up.
Fremantle Media said the internal changes in the company were a result of its decision to combine its worldwide drama and entertainment divisions under the new title Fremantle Media Creative Networks, which will be headed by Gary Carter, formerly senior executive vice-president of worldwide entertainment.
Boyd, the former chief executive of Thames Television, will concentrate on his own production firm Alan Boyd Productions, but will continue to consult with Fremantle Media and its entertainment franchise RTL Group.
Veteran broadcaster Boyd, who was responsible for creating London Weekend Television's 'Game For A Laugh' and 'Blind Date', is also credited with securing ITV and Fox's commissions for 'Pop Idol' and 'American Pop Idol' respectively.
Carter will be tasked with driving Fremantle Media's move towards producing more in-house programming, and will oversee its global network of over 20 production companies. Freemantle is also behind 'Neighbours' and 'The Bill'.
Boyd will become a special advisor under chief executive officer Tony Cohen, where he will consult on the 'Pop Idol' and 'X Factor' franchises.
Cohen said "Alan has agreed to become a special advisor at Fremantle Media and RTL Group. He has done a tremendous job of overseeing the rollout of the 'Idols' brand and his years of production and commissioning experience will continue to prove a great asset to the company."
In other changes, Fremantle Media's current president of worldwide drama, Mike Murphy, will now focus on the company's serialised dramas, including 'The Bill' and other foreign language productions.
"Gary is a very talented executive and will play a crucial role in the future working with our producers to build on our tremendous success in scripted and unscripted programming.
"Mike has made a fantastic contribution to growing our international drama business over the past few years and I am delighted that he will now focus on the vital task of building on our scripted business in the US.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London