Dairy Crest takes a swipe at Anchor in £6m campaign
LONDON - Dairy Crest is launching a £6m marketing campaign to back its English butter brand, Country Life, with ads that knock the huge distances travelled by New Zealand Anchor butter.
Country Life v ocean waves
The £6m 'Home Grown' marketing investment for 2006 builds on the relaunch of the brand in 2005 and will include TV, press, trade and consumer PR, and picks up on green concerns over food miles - the distance a food travels from field to plate.
Created by Grey London, the campaign breaks today with 30- and 10-second executions. National press ads break on Thursday and feature a rusty-looking container ship, with the line: "Why choose Anchor butter that's shipped frozen…" Underneath there is a picture of a thatched cottage and the completion of the line: "when you can choose Country Life?"
There is more copy knocking the New Zealand butter brand at the foot of the ad that reminds consumers that Anchor is "shipped over 11,000 miles" to the UK while Country Life is made from British milk.
The trade and consumer PR campaign by Haygarth will further encourage consumers to question where their food comes from and to buy British whenever possible.
Richard Tolley, marketing director for Country Life, said: "We are absolutely delighted with the success Country Life has experienced over the past year."
According to AC Nielsen, in the year to May Country Life Spreadable has grown at almost 30% making it the fastest-growing butter brand on the market.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London