Dairy Crest takes a swipe at Anchor in £6m campaign
LONDON - Dairy Crest is launching a £6m marketing campaign to back its English butter brand, Country Life, with ads that knock the huge distances travelled by New Zealand Anchor butter.
Country Life v ocean waves
The £6m 'Home Grown' marketing investment for 2006 builds on the relaunch of the brand in 2005 and will include TV, press, trade and consumer PR, and picks up on green concerns over food miles - the distance a food travels from field to plate.
Created by Grey London, the campaign breaks today with 30- and 10-second executions. National press ads break on Thursday and feature a rusty-looking container ship, with the line: "Why choose Anchor butter that's shipped frozen…" Underneath there is a picture of a thatched cottage and the completion of the line: "when you can choose Country Life?"
There is more copy knocking the New Zealand butter brand at the foot of the ad that reminds consumers that Anchor is "shipped over 11,000 miles" to the UK while Country Life is made from British milk.
The trade and consumer PR campaign by Haygarth will further encourage consumers to question where their food comes from and to buy British whenever possible.
Richard Tolley, marketing director for Country Life, said: "We are absolutely delighted with the success Country Life has experienced over the past year."
According to AC Nielsen, in the year to May Country Life Spreadable has grown at almost 30% making it the fastest-growing butter brand on the market.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Communications Executive Haymarket Media Group Dependant on Experience, Teddington, London (Greater)
- Product Designer / Engineer Nu Creative Talent £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Analytics & Insights Manager, top agency in Mancheseter Perfect Marketing People To £38k, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Junior Product Developer Creative Recruitment £23000 - £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- QC Portfolio Sport 100, London (Greater)