Fell takes marketing director role at brewer SAB Miller
LONDON - Nick Fell, former president of global commercial strategy at Cadbury Schweppes, has been appointed as marketing director for SAB Miller.
Fell will be responsible for developing SAB Miller's portfolio of international brands including Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Pilsner Urquell and Miller Genuine Draft.
Fell replaces Mark Sherrington, who joined what was then known as South African Breweries in July 2002, and was given the task of rebranding it following its £3.8bn acquisition of Miller. He resigned in December 2005 without a job to go to, but agreed to stay on until a replacement was found.
Prior to Cadbury, Fell held a number of senior marketing and brand management positions in the spirits and beer industry, most notably as global marketing director for Guinness and global brand director for Johnnie Walker.
In 2003 he was named in Marketing's Power 100 list. He joined Cadbury as UK marketing director in 2001 and was rewarded for the successful rationalisation of marketing funds between five key brands with a promotion to president of global commercial strategy.
In that role he was tasked with the integration of the Adams business, which was bought by Cadbury at the end of 2002 for £2.7bn.
Graham Mackay, chief executive of SAB Miller, said: "Continuing to build and nurture our brands, to ensure that they are the first choice of consumers, is essential to the success of the business and Nick and his marketing colleagues will have an important role to play in this regard."
Fell said: "I look forward to working with the team and believe my experience will assist the business to deliver further growth."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Head Of Brand And Comms Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Account Manager Twist Recruitment £35000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Trade Marketing Specialist - Online PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Freelance Resource Manager Nakama £40,000-50,000, London