Starcom takes P&G homecare planning business
LONDON - Starcom has been appointed to the communications planning account on P&G household brands Swiffer, Antikal and Mr Proper following a competitive pitch.
The move consolidates all of P&G's planning business into Starcom from P&G's planning roster of agencies, which included MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia as well as Starcom. It will mean the agency now holds the planning brief for all of P&G's homecare products in western Europe.
The Publicis-owned agency already holds the media accounts for P&G products Femcare, Baby Toddler Care and Oralcare.
Nigel Conway, deputy managing director of Starcom's P&G team, said: "To pitch and win further business from Procter & Gamble is a fantastic endorsement of our work and the business partnership we have with this client."
Last month, Starcom won the digital media planning and buying account for P&G in the UK as part of a competitive pitch against WPP agency MediaCom, following the advertiser's decision to consolidate the UK spend into one agency.
Last week, Starcom picked up the £4m media planning and buying brief for the South African Tourism Board for marketing in the UK, Italy, France, The Netherlands and Australia.
P&G's digital media buying had been handled jointly by Publicis-owned Starcom and sister agency ZenithOptimedia.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Brand Consultant - Brand Strategist Royds Raphael £85k-£100k+neg, London
- PROCUCTION MANAGER / DIRECTOR - BRANDING DESIGN & STRATEGY Royds Raphael £45k-£50k+neg, London