MindShare wins £10m brief for Learning & Skills Council
LONDON - The Learning & Skills Council, funded by the Department for Education & Skills, has appointed MindShare to handle its £10m communications planning business.
COI managed the four-way pitch, which included MindShare, MediaCom, Manning Gottlieb OMD and Starcom.
MindShare will work closely with the COI and Nicky Brunker, the LSC head of marketing and communications, to plan strategy across a wide portfolio of brands, products and services.
Founded in 2001, the Learning & Skills Council is responsible for all non-university further education and training for over-16s in England, including modern apprenticeships.
Brunker said: "Our marketing and communications spend is around £20m and so we have a considerable responsibility to provide a joined-up approach to learning so that adults, individuals and employers really understand how to access training, and what the benefits are."
MindShare will assist LSC in developing campaigns, working with a range of agencies to deliver the marketing communications strategy.
The first campaign MindShare will plan is "Train to gain", a new service to be launched in September, which will help employers get training to help them succeed and stay in business.
Jed Glanvill, chief executive officer of MindShare, said: "The LSC has a tremendous remit and by integrating the planning and delivery of marketing and communications we feel we can make a real difference to the impact we make on individuals and businesses across England."
At the end of last month, MindShare took the £3.5m planning brief for the Department of Work & Pensions specifically to construct a campaign to tackle benefit fraud.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London