Haygarth tastes further success with Stowells account win
LONDON - Stowells, one of the UK's largest wine brands, has appointed Haygarth as its lead agency without a pitch.
Haygarth will handle the August relaunch of the brand, overseeing creative across press, posters, on-pack promotions, on-trade activity and a new website.
The first campaign uses statistics such as "9 out of 10 people would leave the house naked for £1m", alongside the strapline "Open up over a Stowells".
Haygarth said the objective is to position Stowells at the centre of a social occasion and as the "facilitator of fun and engaging conversation".
Clare Griffiths, vice president brands marketing at Stowells, said: "We've deliberately tried to challenge conventional wine marketing by creating a fun, engaging and proactive campaign."
Stowells is part of the Constellation Group, which also produces Corona Extra, Black Velvet, Hardys, Banrock Station and Blackthorn.
A national on-pack promotion will feature a free Stowells 'Open Up' game on wine bottle-neck tags. The game will pose moral dilemmas in order to stimulate debate.
Press ads will run across women's weekly titles including OK!, Woman, TV Choice and Reveal, with 96-sheet posters running in Manchester and Birmingham.
AMS Media is handling media planning and buying, and Hill & Knowlton will work on a PR campaign.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire