Haygarth tastes further success with Stowells account win
LONDON - Stowells, one of the UK's largest wine brands, has appointed Haygarth as its lead agency without a pitch.
Haygarth will handle the August relaunch of the brand, overseeing creative across press, posters, on-pack promotions, on-trade activity and a new website.
The first campaign uses statistics such as "9 out of 10 people would leave the house naked for £1m", alongside the strapline "Open up over a Stowells".
Haygarth said the objective is to position Stowells at the centre of a social occasion and as the "facilitator of fun and engaging conversation".
Clare Griffiths, vice president brands marketing at Stowells, said: "We've deliberately tried to challenge conventional wine marketing by creating a fun, engaging and proactive campaign."
Stowells is part of the Constellation Group, which also produces Corona Extra, Black Velvet, Hardys, Banrock Station and Blackthorn.
A national on-pack promotion will feature a free Stowells 'Open Up' game on wine bottle-neck tags. The game will pose moral dilemmas in order to stimulate debate.
Press ads will run across women's weekly titles including OK!, Woman, TV Choice and Reveal, with 96-sheet posters running in Manchester and Birmingham.
AMS Media is handling media planning and buying, and Hill & Knowlton will work on a PR campaign.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Marketing Assistant, up to £25k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic Benefits, Teddington