TNS given go-ahead to meter people in Philippines
LONDON – Philippines broadcasters ABS-CBN and GMA have struck a deal with TNS to set up a PeopleMeter service to measure the country's radio and TV audiences.
TNS provides internet, TV and radio audience measurement (iTram) for 30 countries, with 65,000 TNS PeopleMeters in 40,000 households.
Tony Taylor, global commercial director of TNS iTram, said: "These agreements represent further growth for TNS in Asia, building on the launch of new services in Hong Kong and Singapore as well as our expanding service in China."
The Philippines service will go live at the beginning of 2007, with a representative panel of 1,200 households reporting their viewing daily.
Eugenio Lopez III, chairman and chief executive ABS-CBN, said: "We welcome the entry of TNS into the television audience measurement service in the Philippines. We recognise its world-class expertise in this area and look forward to the start of its service."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- planning director > ATL > LONDON's BEST collectivo Up to £100,000 per annum + benefits, London