Carling to sponsor Edinburgh's Talk107 sports show
LONDON - Edinburgh speech radio station Talk107 has signed Carling as sponsor of its new Saturday 'Extra Time' sports show for the coming football season.
The show concentrates on the fortunes of east-coast clubs such as Hearts and Hibernian, and is recorded each week in a different pub close to the venue of a home match. Talk107's sports team will interview fans at the pub and take calls from listeners.
The venues are chosen on the basis that they are where "real fans" of each club go after games and match Carling's on-trade distribution.
Carling sponsors Glasgow clubs Celtic and Rangers and this deal is designed to increase its presence in Edinburgh. Edinburgh teams Hibernian and Heart of Midlothian are sponsored by Whyte & Mackay and Ukio Bankas respectively.
Talk107 was launched in February this year and is part of Ulster Television's UK radio portfolio.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham