BT Vision appoints programming and content head
LONDON - BT Vision, BT's soon-to-launch television and online service, has recruited Marc Watson as commercial director, handing him responsibility for programming and content acquisition.
Watson is a qualified barrister and has experience of buying and selling media rights. He has previously worked on content acquisition for BT and Telewest.
He joins on August 7 in the run-up to BT Vision's launch of its TV over the internet service in the autumn and is working with entertainment companies including BBC Worldwide, Paramount, Warner Music Group, National Geographic Channel, HIT Entertainment, Nelvana and Turner Broadcasting.
BT Vision has music agreements with Warner Music, i-concerts and Eagle Rock and will show "near-live" FA Premier League matches from the 2007/08 season.
Earlier in his career, he was head of legal and business affairs at OK! and Daily Express publisher Northern & Shell until 1999, when he joined media rights specialist Reel Enterprises.
At Reel, he acted as media rights negotiator and strategic adviser for the Football League and the Scottish Premier League.
Watson will report to Dan Marks, chief executive of BT Television Services, who said: "Marc's addition greatly increases BT Vision's ability to deliver and manage the wide range of commercial arrangements that will make the service a great success."
BT Vision recently hired ITV Sales' online manager Jeremy Rosenberg as advertising and sponsorship manager.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Project Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £28,000, Manchester
- Managing Partner / Client Services Director David Thatcher Recruitment £80-95k, Bristol