BT Vision appoints programming and content head
LONDON - BT Vision, BT's soon-to-launch television and online service, has recruited Marc Watson as commercial director, handing him responsibility for programming and content acquisition.
Watson is a qualified barrister and has experience of buying and selling media rights. He has previously worked on content acquisition for BT and Telewest.
He joins on August 7 in the run-up to BT Vision's launch of its TV over the internet service in the autumn and is working with entertainment companies including BBC Worldwide, Paramount, Warner Music Group, National Geographic Channel, HIT Entertainment, Nelvana and Turner Broadcasting.
BT Vision has music agreements with Warner Music, i-concerts and Eagle Rock and will show "near-live" FA Premier League matches from the 2007/08 season.
Earlier in his career, he was head of legal and business affairs at OK! and Daily Express publisher Northern & Shell until 1999, when he joined media rights specialist Reel Enterprises.
At Reel, he acted as media rights negotiator and strategic adviser for the Football League and the Scottish Premier League.
Watson will report to Dan Marks, chief executive of BT Television Services, who said: "Marc's addition greatly increases BT Vision's ability to deliver and manage the wide range of commercial arrangements that will make the service a great success."
BT Vision recently hired ITV Sales' online manager Jeremy Rosenberg as advertising and sponsorship manager.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Associate Director - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £85k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Quantitative Research Manager Trace £32k to £40k, South East England / Berkshire / Maidenhead, Berkshire / Windsor, Berkshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Propel £30000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Web Designer Propel £28000 - £32000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Milton Keynes