Mediaedge:cia wins £2m Famous Grouse media account
LONDON - Mediaedge:cia has picked up the £2m media planning and buying account for Edrington Group's Famous Grouse whisky brand.
The agency won the account after a two-way pitch against incumbent PHD.
The independent distiller, which is one of the biggest distillers in the Scottish whisky industry, spends an estimated £4m on its annual media spend for all its brands, including the licensed product Absolut Vodka and Cutty Sark.
Edrington has spent £2m promoting the Famous Grouse brand over the past 12 months, according to media measurement firm Nielsen Media Research, of which £1.8m was spent on television advertising.
Toby Jenner, operations director at Mediaedge:cia, said: "The Famous Grouse brand is one of the most famous brands within the whisky industry. As an agency we are looking forward to building on that brand and its market presence."
Other brands within the Edrington Group's portfolio of products include The Macallan, Highland Park and Glennturret.
Last year the Famous Grouse brand was overhauled when marketing agency bd-ntwk/Scotland was appointed. The agency was brought in to consult on its global positioning and create a new identity for the whisky ahead of a trade and consumer marketing campaign.
In January this year, Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO retained the £3m Famous Grouse creative account. The agency pitched against Wieden & Kennedy and Newhaven.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Account Manager fishtank £25000 - £28000 per annum, Bath
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £28000 - £33000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £26000 - £36000 per annum, London