PepsiCo names Nooyi as first female chief executive
NEW YORK - PepsiCo has appointed its first female chief executive, Indra Nooyi, who will take up her role in October.
Nooyi is presently chief financial officer at the company. She will take over from Steve Reinemund, chairman and CEO of Pepsico, who will continue as executive chairman until he retires in May next year.
Nooyi has been with Pepsico since 1994, and was behind the company's restructuring that spun off restaurant brands KFC and Pizza Hut into Yum! Brands, and also the spin off and public offering of Pepsi's bottling operations into the Pepsi Bottling Group.
The chief financial officer role will now be split between two executives, Richard Goodman and Hugh Johnston.
Reinemund said: "Indra's record of transforming PepsiCo speaks for itself, and she has been an invaluable partner and ally throughout my time as CEO.
"She not only co-authored our vision and drafted our strategic blueprint, she has a sharp talent for turning insightful ideas and plans into realities and for developing and replenishing our talent base."
Reinemund steps down after five years as CEO and 22 years at the company.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Executive air recruitment Up to £22K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, Central London