Norwich Union extends athletics link with Birmingham deal
LONDON - Norwich Union has extended its association with athletics by signing up as a sponsor for the European Athletics Indoor Championships.
The event takes place in Birmingham in March 2007 and will feature 600 athletes from 50 countries participating.
Norwich Union is already the lead sponsor for UK Athletics, in a deal that will run up to the London Olympics 2012. It has been working with the body for seven years and is involved on a grassroots level as well as sponsoring televised events.
Tanya Veingard, head of sponsorship and corporate social responsibility at Norwich Union, said: "This partnership allows us to showcase our commitment to the sport at all levels. Many of the promising youngsters in the Norwich Union Great Britain & Northern Ireland Team competing in Birmingham next year will have started their athletics careers at one of our grassroots schemes."
The deal with the European Athletics Indoor Championships was negotiated on behalf of Norwich Union by MEC Sponsorship and the official sponsorship agent Fast Track.
Other companies already signed up to support the event include Advantage West Midlands, Intersport, The University of Birmingham, Birmingham Post and Mail Limited, Hire Intelligence, Highland Spring and Heart FM.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- PPC Executive - Digital Media Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London