Supermodel Gisele joins Maasai warrior for Amex Red ad
LONDON - Brazilian supermodel Gisele is to feature in an American Express print campaign for its charity credit card Red, launched as part of U2 frontman Bono's Product Red campaign.
Created by Mother, the ad stars Gisele alongside a traditionally dressed Maasai warrior, Keseme Ole Parsapaet, and has the strapline "My card. My life", a spin on the current "My life. My card" tagline. It breaks across newspapers, lifestyle magazines and outdoor next week.
Bono launched Product Red, supported by American Express along with brands such as Converse, Gap and Giorgio Armani, in January to raise funds in the fight against HIV and Aids in Africa.
The Red Card was the first product to be launched as part of the initiative and it works by transferring up to 1% of every pound spent to Global Fund financed programmes in Africa. This figure rises to 1.25% when cardholders spend over £5,000 with the card in any year.
Alison Bain, head of European advertising for American Express, said: "This campaign captures the true energy and spirit behind Red while communicating the unique role the card can play in enabling consumers to make a real difference."
Keseme Ole Parsapaet said: "Aids is affecting my community. I think Red is great. It is a way of helping the world come together to help fight Aids."
British fashion photographer Nick Knight styled and photographed the spot.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London