Sophie Ellis Bextor bares all for Monsoon campaign
LONDON - Singer Sophie Ellis Bextor has been signed as the face of high-street fashion chain Monsoon's latest advertising campaign.
The pop singer is to appear in the "Create a storm" print campaign lying naked on silk and velvet Monsoon cushions on a sofa, and holding a wild orchid.
She follows in the footsteps of models Sophie Dahl and Jodie Kidd in modelling for the brand. Kidd featured in a campaign for Monsoon wearing a strip of lace to pose on a horse.
The singer, who sang 'Murder on the Dancefloor' and 'Get Over You', has been out of the spotlight for a couple of years after taking time out to have a baby and marry The Feeling's bass player Richard Jones.
As well as making her debut in the campaign, Ellis Bextor is to release a new single 'Catch You', followed by her album 'Trip The Light Fantastic' later in September.
Ellis Bextor said: "I am really excited to be part of the new Monsoon campaign. I am also looking forward to wearing some of the clothes."
Photographer Alexi Lubomirski shot the campaign, while the stylist is Anne Marie Curtis.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire