Geronimo bolsters digital capability with Knott hire
LONDON - Integrated agency Geronimo is beefing up its digital marketing capability with the appointment of Dare co-founder Andy Knott to the new role of head of digital.
The appointment has coincided with Direct Line handing the agency responsibility for digital marketing in addition to its existing direct marketing duties. The client previously handled digital in-house.
Geronimo's managing director Andy Snuggs said it had taken six months to find the person with the right experience.
Knott trained in graphic design before co-founding computer games developer Pure Entertainment, which he left to establish Dare in 2000. He sold his equity in Dare to BBH in 2003 and went on to research mobile marketing and gaming, and work as a consultant to the UK Film Council and Eon.
Knott's brief is to build online and mobile as part of the integrated agency's offering. On the creative level, he will work closely with creative director Becky McOwen-Wilson to ensure digital work drives an effective response.
On the strategic level, he will help the agency exploit the marketing potential in online communities, social networks and mobile phones.
Knott said: "We're already starting to develop some very interesting through-the-line strategies and ideas, working mobile, online and offline together and working them hard. Ultimately, we're interested in effectiveness so the medium, and importantly the execution, has to be right; it has to be fit for purpose."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London