Etihad opens 'more flexible' frequent flyer scheme
LONDON - Etihad Airways has unveiled its frequent flyer scheme, Etihad Guest, which offers the ability to redeem miles on any flight and is supported by a range of partners including HSBC.
Etihad, which launched in 2003 as the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, currently flies to 35 international destinations and plans to increase this number to 70 by 2010.
Last September it appointed Carlson Marketing to develop a frequent flyer programme.
The airline claims other frequent flyer schemes "have remained relatively unchallenged by the industry until now". Its scheme is free and also offers the ability to use various combinations of miles and cash when booking reward flights and the ability to earn miles on reward flights.
Among the partners with which members can earn miles are HSBC, through its Etihad co-branded card, car hire firms Europcar and Hertz, and hotel groups Hilton, Radisson, Kempinski and Middle East-based Rotana.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER- Fashion retailer Success Digital £65000 per annum, London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall