Oldman gives movies masterclass in Nokia N93 campaign
LONDON - Actor and director Gary Oldman observes everyday scenes from life in New York City to illustrate the 'ingredients that go into making a great movie' in a TV advertising campaign for the new Nokia N93 multimedia phone.
Created by Lowe Worldwide and directed by Chris Palmer, the ad for the new Nokia device, which features a digital camcorder, is backed by a cinema, print, online and retail campaign.
In the TV spot, the 'Batman Begins' and 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire' actor Oldman walks through the streets of New York looking for a spectacular location, dramatic lighting and compelling dialogue and describes the ingredients for a "great movie".
He eventually explains how you need "a leading man", in this case Oldman himself, and something to film the movie with -- the Nokia N93. The spot ends with the actor saying dramatically, "All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players", and the word "cut" as a butcher chops a joint of meat with a cleaver.
Oldman is also spearheading a mobile video initiative, the Nokia Nseries Studio. This online community, created by R/GA, is designed to encourage people to shoot and share spontaneous moving moments.
Print advertising and online banners continues the movie theme, depicting spontaneous moving images taken by the Nokia N93 as film reel.
Richard Ferguson, marketing manager of multimedia at Nokia UK, said: "The campaign is designed to show how the Nokia N93 lets you capture the extraordinary in the ordinary and demonstrates how the device really is the next story in video."
Media planning and buying for the campaign is by MediaCom.
As well as a digital camcorder, the N93 also features DVD-standard video, PDA functionality and an MP3 player.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London