HSBC teams up with China Golf to push the sport
LONDON - HSBC has joined forces with the China Golf Association in an attempt to develop the game's growing image in China.
The bank will work closely with the CGA and the David Leadbetter Golf Academy on the the HSBC Future Champions Tour, and will host a series of golf clinics in Beijing, Chengdu, Shenzhen and Shanghai.
The clinics are tailor-made for Chinese golfers of varying abilities, ages and backgrounds by offering expert instruction and advice on the game.
Giles Morgan, head of sports sponsorship and marketing at HSBC, said: "Golf in China has enormous potential and the HSBC Future Champions Tour has been designed to try and unlock that potential in line with HSBC's commitment to developing the game at all levels."
Zhang Xiao Ning, deputy chairman and secretary general of China Golf Association, said: "The future for golf in China is shaping our very own stars to be at par with the world's leading golfers, and the HSBC Future Champions Tour provides the right platform and opportunity for aspiring golfers."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Communications Executive VMA Group £25-28k dependent on experience, Yorkshire