HSBC teams up with China Golf to push the sport
LONDON - HSBC has joined forces with the China Golf Association in an attempt to develop the game's growing image in China.
The bank will work closely with the CGA and the David Leadbetter Golf Academy on the the HSBC Future Champions Tour, and will host a series of golf clinics in Beijing, Chengdu, Shenzhen and Shanghai.
The clinics are tailor-made for Chinese golfers of varying abilities, ages and backgrounds by offering expert instruction and advice on the game.
Giles Morgan, head of sports sponsorship and marketing at HSBC, said: "Golf in China has enormous potential and the HSBC Future Champions Tour has been designed to try and unlock that potential in line with HSBC's commitment to developing the game at all levels."
Zhang Xiao Ning, deputy chairman and secretary general of China Golf Association, said: "The future for golf in China is shaping our very own stars to be at par with the world's leading golfers, and the HSBC Future Champions Tour provides the right platform and opportunity for aspiring golfers."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London