Pretty Woman McLoughlin makes George at Asda debut
LONDON - England WAG Coleen McLoughlin takes on the role of 'pretty woman' in her first George at Asda television advertising campaign, after signing a lucrative deal to be the face of the retailer's George clothing range.
Set to a children's acapella version of the Roy Orbison classic 'Pretty Woman', the Publicis-created campaign stars McLoughlin walking down the street in Julia Roberts-style dressed in clothing by George.
The acapella singing echoes the Asda back to school children's clothes ads, which also features kids clapping and singing Queen's 'Don't Stop Me Now' as they show off Asda's school clothes.
As Coleen walks down the street several flamboyant designer retailers look on from their window displays in admiration because of the outfits she is wearing.
The ad for George's Must Have range breaks tonight and is backed by print and radio activity. Media planning and buying is by Carat.
McLoughlin and her partner England and Manchester United footballer Wayne Rooney landed a contract with Asda together in March. However, Rooney was dropped in July following a poor World Cup performance and being sent off for stamping on Portuguese player Ricardo Carvalho in the quarter final.
Rooney did not appear in any advertising during the World Cup, because with his metatarsal injury it was uncertain whether he would play. The retailer instead featured Michael Owen, who himself became injured and unable to play.
McLoughlin remained in demand and was kept on to front George at Asda in the deal worth £1.3m.
The spot was directed by Fatima, through production company Annex and the creative director on the spot was Andy Wakefield.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London