BMRB recruits Smythe as head of sports research
LONDON - BMRB has appointed James Smythe to head its specialist sports research division.
He joins from Capital Radio owner GCap Media, where he was head of market research. Prior to that, he was associate director at Carat Insight. Smythe will take up his position on September 4.
Smythe, said: "With London 2012 on the horizon, its potential legacy for the country and increased pressure for growth and results, sport has never had so much to compete for. Effective research is going to be at the heart of this and I'm greatly looking forward to ensuring that BMRB meets this demand."
Richard Asquith, managing director of BMRB, said "The business of sport is becoming more professional and the government is investing heavily to promote participation, so we anticipate strong growth for research in this sector.
"James combines a great understanding of research with a passion for sport which will fully exploit BMRB's sports data and experience."
BMRB currently conducts the 'Taking Part' survey for the Department for Culture, Media and Sport.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- eCRM Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £37000 per annum, Vauxhall
- Head of Brand Communications Stopgap £50000 - £57000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Digital Art Director x3 AF Selection £40,000 - £55,000, Warwickshire
- Business Development Manager Major Players £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus , City of London