Classic FM brings in Emirates for finance sponsorship
LONDON - Classic FM has signed the Dubai airline Emirates to sponsor its finance bulletins on air and online for seven months from today, in a deal worth close to £1m.
The station clinched the £800,000 sponsorship with research showing it reaches more businessmen than any quality paper or other radio station. Emirates wanted to push its long-haul business travel offering.
Emirates' media agency MediaCom brokered the sponsorship, which includes a high frequency of seven messages a day.
Ian Mullins, associate director of MediaCom, said: "Classic FM has really answered our brief superbly by allowing us to modify the way the business bulletins are broadcast to fit with the Emirates messaging. This brilliantly enhances our communication among a very media savvy and service-orientated audience."
Classic FM has separately launched an "Ad of the quarter" prize. Listeners nominate ads to a shortlist from which a winner is selected by the station's consumer panel, led by Baron Smith of Finsbury, the former secretary of state for culture, media and sport.
The first award, for the March-May quarter, is to Emirates and its creative agency Leagas Delaney for its campaign featuring the writer and comedian Chris Langham.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London