Classic FM brings in Emirates for finance sponsorship
LONDON - Classic FM has signed the Dubai airline Emirates to sponsor its finance bulletins on air and online for seven months from today, in a deal worth close to £1m.
The station clinched the £800,000 sponsorship with research showing it reaches more businessmen than any quality paper or other radio station. Emirates wanted to push its long-haul business travel offering.
Emirates' media agency MediaCom brokered the sponsorship, which includes a high frequency of seven messages a day.
Ian Mullins, associate director of MediaCom, said: "Classic FM has really answered our brief superbly by allowing us to modify the way the business bulletins are broadcast to fit with the Emirates messaging. This brilliantly enhances our communication among a very media savvy and service-orientated audience."
Classic FM has separately launched an "Ad of the quarter" prize. Listeners nominate ads to a shortlist from which a winner is selected by the station's consumer panel, led by Baron Smith of Finsbury, the former secretary of state for culture, media and sport.
The first award, for the March-May quarter, is to Emirates and its creative agency Leagas Delaney for its campaign featuring the writer and comedian Chris Langham.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire