Loewy develops catalogue for The Rugby Store
LONDON - Branding agency Loewy has designed and produced The Rugby Store's 2006/2007 merchandise catalogue.
The Rugby Store is the Rugby Football Union's retail division and the world's biggest England Rugby products stockist. The Rugby Store appointed Loewy in February 2006 as its marketing agency.
England and Sale Sharks winger Mark Cueto appears on the front cover and throughout the 200cm square catalogue, as does a new strapline "Support your game", referring to the profits raised from merchandising being invested back into the game.
Jane Barron, marketing manager at the Rugby Store, said: "Our main season catalogue acts as a key selling tool for our full range of merchandise -- a vital source of revenue for the RFU."
Loewy has created a new structure for the catalogue to aid navigation and provide pace and interest. Different product categories are clearly divided and labelled.
Barron said: "Loewy has been tasked with increasing online and mail order revenue, increasing order spend per head and encouraging a greater level of repeat business. They have developed a catalogue which looks great, is easily navigable and communicates the passion around the game."
The catalogue will be ready in mid-September. Most of the 120,000 printed will be mailed to RFU's 90,000 strong database and the rest distributed within the two Rugby Stores in Twickenham High Street and at the stadium.
Jason Read, creative director of catalogues at Loewy, said: "We understand that a merchandise catalogue is simply one selling tool amongst many. and that it needs to be integrated with all other forms of brand promotion. Equally the complex, technical aspects of catalogue design such as on-page call to action, branding and navigation are second nature to us."
Loewy was founded 75 years ago in New York and bought by the London-based international management team in 1986. A new management team joined the firm in March 2004, backed by Luke Johnson, who took over as Loewy chairman.
Founder Raymond Loewy, famous for creations including the Lucky Strike cigarette packaging, the slenderized Coca-Cola bottle and the Shell International logo, was recently named one of the "thousand makers of the 20th century" by the Sunday Times.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Pharma / Healthcare Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Senior Consultant - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £60k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (West), London (Greater) / Twickenham, Lo...
- Associate Director - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £85k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Quantitative Research Manager Trace £32k to £40k, South East England / Berkshire / Maidenhead, Berkshire / Windsor, Berkshire