Orange gets inside the mind to push 'magic numbers'
LONDON - Having a conversation is likened to being inside someone's head in Orange's latest television campaign for its new service called Magic Numbers, which allows customers to have unlimited conversations with a nominated 'magic number' and add a new one every six months.
Created by Mother, the campaign not only attempts to promote the product but to create "strong emotional desirability around having more conversations".
Breaking on Monday, the spot centres around the idea that having a conversation is a bit like being inside someone's head, where you can explore thoughts, passions, likes, dislikes, moods, discover secrets and memories.
The 60-second "portal" spot opens on a woman walking through a rainbow into various rooms via trapdoors or stepladders. It turns out that she is walking through all the different thoughts, ideas and emotions inside somebody's head.
A voiceover says: "The longer the walk the more there is to discover. With Magic Numbers you get to know each other better."
Crosstracks, press and postcards use "mind map" executions that plot out the thoughts of three different people to explore the notion that the more we talk the better we get to know each other.
This is supplemented by sheets in newspapers and stations, explaining more about the product.
Director on the spot is Noam Murro, through post production company Framestore London. The music is 'Only in My Dreams' by Nat Baldwin.
Separately, Mother has created Orange Animal breakbumpers, which reflect the previous Animal poster campaign. Each execution sees a single Animal balloon, Racoon, Panther, Dolphin or Canary, float towards an object situated in a studio space.
As the objects are touched by the balloons, a shed, golf buggy, shoe cabinet and stack of speakers, they take on the quality of a balloon and either pop, bounce away or are lifted up as if they were weightless.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Digital Project Manager / Business Analyst - Client Side Salt £35000 - £50000 per annum + + Benefits , London
- Digital Resourcer Creative Recruitment £16000 - £18000 per annum + OTE £20k, City of London