TBWA bolsters global management with Carroll promotion
LONDON - TBWA\Worldwide has promoted Tom Carroll, currently vice-chairman of the agency, to the position of president, and Keith Smith, regional president for the Asia/Pacific region, to president of international operations.
In his new role, Carroll will retain his global client responsibilities at the Omnicom-owned agency and work closely with Jean-Marie Dru, chief executive, and Jonathan Ramsden, chief financial officer, on the worldwide management of the network. Prior to his role as vice-chairman, Carroll was president of the Americas for the agency.
In addition, Robert LePlae's responsibilities as president of North America will expand to include all operations in the Americas that had previously reported to Carroll.
Smith, currently regional president for Asia/Pacific, will take on the role of president of international operations, in which he will oversee the network's Europe, Asia/Pacific and Africa/Middle East operations. Smith will continue to be based in Hong Kong.
Jeremy Pagden, president and CEO of Tequila\Worldwide, becomes president of marketing services responsible for companies such as Integer, Tequila and Agency.com
Dru said: "These promotions put in place a very solid management organisation for the future of TBWA, and give us the opportunity to recognise individuals who have played key roles in TBWA's success in the past few years."
Lee Clow, chairman and chief creative officer, said: "Jean-Marie has identified the strongest and most passionate group of leaders around the world. I believe, under their leadership, TBWA is perfectly positioned to continue to build upon the outstanding success we have had as a network."
TBWA holds the accounts for brands such as Absolut, Adidas, Nissan, Masterfoods, Michelin and Sony PlayStation. It has 258 offices in 75 countries and approximately 9,700 employees worldwide.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London
- FABULOUS FREELANCERS? Look no further! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London