FMCG giant signs sponsorship deal for ITV's Emmerdale
LONDON - FMCG giant Reckitt Benckiser has renewed its sponsorship of ITV primetime soap opera 'Emmerdale' in a multimillion-pound year-long deal.
ITV said that the deal is the second-biggest sponsorship package it has negotiated, after Cadbury's £10m sponsorship of 'Coronation Street'.
Reckitt Benckiser will use the sponsorship to promote a mix of its brands, which include Dettol, Calgon, Airwick and Veet.
It will include broadcast sponsorship on ITV1, ITV2, branding on ITV's marketing of the show, as well as online sponsorship, interactive and mobile interactive bumpers, off-screen licensing and merchandise sponsorship.
Thomas Bittinger, marketing director at Reckitt Benckiser, said: "As one of the biggest advertisers in the UK, this is a significant commitment from us to the power of television and the continuing return on investment ITV delivers across our portfolio of brands. We look forward to further developing our association across all communication platforms with 'Emmerdale' over the next 12 months."
Gary Knight, brand partnerships director at ITV Sales, said: "This is a fantastic investment and endorsement into not only the power of television advertising but also to the development of ITV's brand partnerships programme. ITV continues to deliver volume and value for our key brand partners and we're also delighted that Reckitt Benckiser is fully exploring every cross-platform opportunity for this deal."
'Emmerdale' was honoured with the Royal Television Society Award for Best Soap in March 2006.
ITV's share price has dipped under the psychologically important £1 mark this week. The share price currently stands at 99.25p, having lost 20% of its value over the last two-and-a half years under Charles Allen. In March, the share price hit a high of 129p.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- planning director > ATL > LONDON's BEST collectivo Up to £100,000 per annum + benefits, London