Kingsmill unveils TV ad drive to promote crustless loafs
LONDON - Bread crusts come to a sticky end at the hands of children in Kingsmill's latest television campaign for the brand's crustless loaf.
Created by M&C Saatchi, the "Kingsmill Crusts Away" campaign highlights the fact that "kids really hate crusts".
Executions include scenes where a young girl uses a pogo stick to destroy her crusts, a boy hits a rolled-up ball of crusts with a golf club, a toy train runs over a crust tied to a train line and a piece of crust gets dragged along by a toy car.
After this, a voiceover says: "For kids that really really hate crusts... new Kingsmill Crusts Away! We've cut them off so there's no leftovers."
Kingsmill's new strapline then appears on screen "Love bread. Love Kingsmill".
Jon Wilson, marketing director at Kingsmill, said: "The new TV commercial is part of an initial £3m marketing spend and brings to life kids' dislike of crusts in a fun and humorous way."
According to Kingsmill, Kingsmill Crusts Away is the answer to research that shows 40% of mothers cut the crusts off their children's sandwiches.
Jeremy Hemmings, group account director on the business at M&C Saatchi, said: "It's great when you get a brief with not only strong insight, but a product with a brilliant innovation.
"It gave us a great opportunity to break some category rules and have some real fun with the advertising."
Copywriter on the spot is Orlando Warner, art director is Simon Briscoe, while media agency is ZenithOptimedia. The director is Jeff Stark, through post-production company MPC.
M&C Saatchi won the £5m Kingsmill business in February this year, after owner Allied Bakeries' split with JWT.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Creative Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - £100k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £100k+, Central London