Sparrowhawk appoints Bhose to Hallmark marketing role
LONDON - Sparrowhawk Media, owner of the Hallmark network and new channel Movies 24, has appointed Maya Bhose as its new marketing director.
Bhose will be tasked with overseeing all marketing activity across the broadcast network's operations in the UK, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Latin America and the Asia-Pacific region.
She joins Sparrowhawk from London Unlimited, where she was brand director for Mayor Ken Livingstone's initiative to develop and promote London abroad.
Prior to that, she was sales and marketing director for Malaysian pay-TV platform Astro, and was also marketing director at UKTV, overseeing the promotion of 10 digital channels and the launch of UKTV Style Gardens.
Bhose said: "This is a tremendous opportunity to work as part of the Sparrowhawk team as the company continues its rapid and exciting expansion of growth across its portfolio of businesses.
"There are plenty of challenges ahead. The perception of the Hallmark Channel is far from the reality among a younger audience and reaching them with our raft of great new shows is certainly one of the key objectives.
"We need to do this while maintaining the amazing loyalty we have with our existing viewers across both channels."
David Hulbert, Sparrowhawk chief executive, said: "Maya's experience across such a wide range of brands will prove invaluable as we continue to drive the various elements of the business forward globally and continue to grow."
Bhose started her career in advertising, working at Yellowhammer, TBWA and Lowe Howard Spink on accounts ranging from Wonderbra and Baileys to HSBC.
She replaces Vicky Mitchell, who was brought in to Sparrowhawk as interim marketing director in April. Mitchell is leaving the broadcaster to pursue other interests.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)