Find.co.uk acquires financial data firm Defaqto
LONDON - Market research company Defaqto has been acquired by Find Portal, the company behind the find.co.uk consumer finance website.
It said that the acquisition would create a new force in consumer finance.
Defaqto is part of the Independent Research Group, a research business that conducts research and evaluates and distributes data to the UK financial services industry.
Its clients include banks, building societies and insurance companies as well as UK regulatory bodies such as the Financial Services Authority.
Find will continue to develop Defaqto as a business, as well as combining its data with existing editorial to offer consumers new ways of getting financial information and making choices based on more than just price.
This will include putting Defaqto's calculators and ratings online, and combining disparate sets of data to produce better results.
Kenn Herskind, CEO of Find, said: "With this move, we are consolidating our position as the digital partner of choice for the UK's most reputable financial institutions."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London