Filmnight strikes online film store deal with Trinity Mirror
LONDON - Trinity Mirror has signed a deal with Filmnight Digital to provide the technology for a digital film store on the Daily Mirror's website.
The deal follows a string of partnerships the company has developed with key media houses such as Emap and IPC Media.
The Daily Mirror-branded film store will feature an exclusive range of Region 2 DVDs, powered by Filmnight's interactive online technology.
It will also offer film-related CDs, music downloads, film trailers, video on demand, mobile products, such as the Empire Filmnight Film Club, cinema listings and locator services following the original launch.
Shashi Fernando, managing director of Filmnight Digital, said: "Filmnight Digital's proven experience with leading media brands such as Emap and IPC TX, alongside its superior technology offering, has already proven its place at the cutting edge of mobile content technology. This partnership also sees us applying that expertise in the online arena as part of a comprehensive digital offering.
"There is a real growth opportunity within film retail, especially with the increasing popularity of digital film content and video on demand services. Consumers expect product immediately these days, making online the most convenient vehicle for delivering that level of service."
Julia Smith, MGN's head of interactive, said: "Integrating film retail and cinema information into our portfolio allows us to offer customers an increased range of products and services covering film.
"By leveraging Filmnight Digital's dedicated technical expertise in both online and mobile via our website, we are able to add these products as part of our overall offering to our customers, who are interested in all things film related."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Digital Account Executive AF Selection Up to £23,000 & benefits, West Midlands
- Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £27000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, City of London
- Open Source Developer JM Digital £45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits, Glasgow
- Media Senior Sales Executive Digital Gurus £25000 - £30000 per annum + 40% uncapped commission, City of London
- Marketing Commercial Analyst - Graduate Brand Recruitment £23000 - £25000 per annum + benefits, Oxford