SABMiller appoints Ritchie as European marketing director
LONDON - SABMiller has appointed Chris Ritchie as European marketing director at the international brewer.
Ritchie joins the Budapest-based marketing team from Procter & Gamble, where he spent 11 years in the FMCG giant's marketing divisions in Canada and Europe.
His most recent role was as global marketing director for the Olay brand, where his responsibilities included global expansion and in-store marketing campaigns.
He will be tasked with heading the brand teams across SABMiller's European markets, developing local brand portfolios and integrating the group's international premium offer.
Ritchie will take up his position from October, reporting to Alan Clark, managing director of SABMiller Europe.
Clark said: "Brands are the key to our success. Chris's broad knowledge and experience in marketing products in Europe's increasingly competitive market will support SABMiller as we strive to build our brand portfolios effectively and responsibly."
Ritchie said: "I look forward to working with the team -- continuing to drive the strength of the brand portfolios, enhancing the capability of the marketing organisation, and contributing to the overall future growth of this industry leader."
In July, the brewer appointed Nick Fell, the former president of global commercial strategy at Cadbury Schweppes, as group marketing director for the UK.
SABMiller operates in nine European countries including Poland, Czech Republic, Italy, Russia, Hungary, Slovakia, Canary Islands, Romania and the UK.
The brewer's brands include Pilsner Urquell, Peroni Nastro Azzurro and Miller Genuine Draft.
It also brews and distributes local products including Russian beer Zolotaya Bochka, Polish beer Tyskie and Czech lager Kozel.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)