SABMiller appoints Ritchie as European marketing director
LONDON - SABMiller has appointed Chris Ritchie as European marketing director at the international brewer.
Ritchie joins the Budapest-based marketing team from Procter & Gamble, where he spent 11 years in the FMCG giant's marketing divisions in Canada and Europe.
His most recent role was as global marketing director for the Olay brand, where his responsibilities included global expansion and in-store marketing campaigns.
He will be tasked with heading the brand teams across SABMiller's European markets, developing local brand portfolios and integrating the group's international premium offer.
Ritchie will take up his position from October, reporting to Alan Clark, managing director of SABMiller Europe.
Clark said: "Brands are the key to our success. Chris's broad knowledge and experience in marketing products in Europe's increasingly competitive market will support SABMiller as we strive to build our brand portfolios effectively and responsibly."
Ritchie said: "I look forward to working with the team -- continuing to drive the strength of the brand portfolios, enhancing the capability of the marketing organisation, and contributing to the overall future growth of this industry leader."
In July, the brewer appointed Nick Fell, the former president of global commercial strategy at Cadbury Schweppes, as group marketing director for the UK.
SABMiller operates in nine European countries including Poland, Czech Republic, Italy, Russia, Hungary, Slovakia, Canary Islands, Romania and the UK.
The brewer's brands include Pilsner Urquell, Peroni Nastro Azzurro and Miller Genuine Draft.
It also brews and distributes local products including Russian beer Zolotaya Bochka, Polish beer Tyskie and Czech lager Kozel.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Head of Business Development Lipton Fleming £50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Bonus , London
- EMEA Mobile Agency Manager (Mobile Ad Technology) Digital Gurus £45000 per annum + 90,000 OTE, London
- Sales & Account Exec - #Mobile #Advertising #London Digital Gurus £18000 - £22000 per annum + OTE upto £26,000 (Package), London
- VP Business Development - Mobile Innovation / Products Digital Gurus £85000 - £125000 per annum + benefits, London