Club 18-30 pushes cheap holiday deals for summer 2007
LONDON - Club 18-30 has unveiled its promotional programme for its summer 2007 guidebook, featuring holiday price reductions and the promise of more beats per minute for music lovers.
The youth holiday operator said it would be offering customers 1,830 holidays priced £129 each between May 1-23 to selected properties in Ibiza, Crete, Zante, Mallorca, Corfu and Kos.
It will also continue this year's holiday match promotion, which paired customer's personality and musical tastes with a suitable destination, part of its "more beats per minute" promotion.
This year, Club 18-30 added a host of new holiday destinations, including 30 resorts in Ibiza, Zante, Crete and Rhodes, and Bulgaria, breaking tradition with the usual beach and bar format.
Paul Little, Club 18-30's overseas director, said: "We understand what our customers want and the guide has been designed with them in mind to help them find the most suitable holiday to match their personal preferences."
Little added that the 2007 package would ensure "a good mix of properties to cater for every taste and budget", while retaining its most popular destinations.
Formed by the Horizon Group in 1970 to appeal to young single men and women, Club 18-30's motto, "Nothing is sacred, if it's going to be a good laugh then we're in", has since made it a European-wide hit, garnering an annual £50m turnover.
Bought by Thomas Cook 1999 and fuelled by budget airfares, the company has retained its popularity despite courting controversy.
In 1995, the Advertising Standards Authority cracked down on Club 18-30's Saatchi & Saatchi-produced ads, which featured the straplines "Beaver Espana" and "It's not all sex, sex, sex, there's a bit of sun and sea as well", which received 490 complaints.
More recently, in 2003, five Club 18-30 holiday reps quit after allegedly participating in "live sex acts" on a beach in the Greek resort of Kavos.
The company was also parodied in the video for Blur's 1995 hit 'Girls & Boys'.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire