Xbox launches TV campaign for internet gaming network
LONDON - 'Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps' actors Ralf Little and Will Mellor are lending their voices to the latest Xbox television campaign.
Created by McCann-Erickson, the campaign promotes the Xbox Live online gaming network.
The two ads feature voiceovers from the actors and focus on situations that can arise when people play over Xbox Live, such as when the banter that goes on between gamers is changed by the fact that they can't see each other and their surroundings.
In "toast", an intense bout of 'Table Tennis' is halted when one player's toast starts to burn in his toaster. He disappears to rectify the situation, while the other player goes on to win the game. As the victor is celebrating he realises his friend has stopped playing and starts enquiring "hello, hello, are you still there?".
In "crunch", a group of people are playing 'Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter'. Players are spooked by a crunching sound, which is eventually revealed to be a serial snacker within the group filling his face with nachos.
Director on the ads is Benjamin Dawson, through production company Chrome Digital. Tim Swan is art director, the writer is Miguel Soares, while the media agency is Universal McCann.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - GLOBAL BRANDING Royds Raphael £40k-£55k, London
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager- contract & permanent Royds Raphael £36k-£45k / £160-£200 day rate, London