Xbox launches TV campaign for internet gaming network
LONDON - 'Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps' actors Ralf Little and Will Mellor are lending their voices to the latest Xbox television campaign.
Created by McCann-Erickson, the campaign promotes the Xbox Live online gaming network.
The two ads feature voiceovers from the actors and focus on situations that can arise when people play over Xbox Live, such as when the banter that goes on between gamers is changed by the fact that they can't see each other and their surroundings.
In "toast", an intense bout of 'Table Tennis' is halted when one player's toast starts to burn in his toaster. He disappears to rectify the situation, while the other player goes on to win the game. As the victor is celebrating he realises his friend has stopped playing and starts enquiring "hello, hello, are you still there?".
In "crunch", a group of people are playing 'Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter'. Players are spooked by a crunching sound, which is eventually revealed to be a serial snacker within the group filling his face with nachos.
Director on the ads is Benjamin Dawson, through production company Chrome Digital. Tim Swan is art director, the writer is Miguel Soares, while the media agency is Universal McCann.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Designer 4 Multichannel-Experiential Agency Zebra People £30000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Communications Manager - Insurance Network Career Consultants £45000 - £52000 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Manager - Maternity Contract ADLIB £30000 - £35000 per annum, Wiltshire
- Project Manager Major Players £26000 - £28000 per annum, City of London