Carlsberg continues football sponsorship with FA deal
LONDON - Carlsberg and the Football Association have signed a four-year sponsorship deal, in which the beer brand will become an official supporter of the England team and The FA Cup.
As part of the deal, Carlsberg will renew its status as the "Official Beer of England".
The agreement also grants Carlsberg title rights to four non-league competitions, now to be known as The FA Carlsberg Trophy, The FA Carlsberg Vase, The FA Carlsberg Sunday Cup and The FA Carlsberg National League System Cup.
The four-year deal further strengthens the link between Carlsberg and The FA, a relationship that has already lasted 11 years.
Gareth Roberts, Carlsberg's head of sponsorship and media relations, said: "Carlsberg will continue to offer fans across the country unique opportunities to exclusive 'money-can't-buy' rewards. With our Wembley Stadium partnership and sponsorship of Euro 2008 already in place, Carlsberg can clearly boast a football sponsorship portfolio second to none."
Jonathan Hill, the FA's group commercial director, said: "Carlsberg's proactive support of our England team and our men's competitions will be invaluable. That's particularly true as we embark on the quest for qualification for the Euro 2008 finals and also enter a season which has already attracted record entry levels to the non-league competitions we run."
The deal runs until the end of July 2010, covering all the England senior, Under-21 and U19 internationals in this period, four FA Cup competitions, the Euro 2008 championship and the Fifa World Cup 2010 in South Africa.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, Winnersh, Berkshire
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)