Carlsberg continues football sponsorship with FA deal
LONDON - Carlsberg and the Football Association have signed a four-year sponsorship deal, in which the beer brand will become an official supporter of the England team and The FA Cup.
As part of the deal, Carlsberg will renew its status as the "Official Beer of England".
The agreement also grants Carlsberg title rights to four non-league competitions, now to be known as The FA Carlsberg Trophy, The FA Carlsberg Vase, The FA Carlsberg Sunday Cup and The FA Carlsberg National League System Cup.
The four-year deal further strengthens the link between Carlsberg and The FA, a relationship that has already lasted 11 years.
Gareth Roberts, Carlsberg's head of sponsorship and media relations, said: "Carlsberg will continue to offer fans across the country unique opportunities to exclusive 'money-can't-buy' rewards. With our Wembley Stadium partnership and sponsorship of Euro 2008 already in place, Carlsberg can clearly boast a football sponsorship portfolio second to none."
Jonathan Hill, the FA's group commercial director, said: "Carlsberg's proactive support of our England team and our men's competitions will be invaluable. That's particularly true as we embark on the quest for qualification for the Euro 2008 finals and also enter a season which has already attracted record entry levels to the non-league competitions we run."
The deal runs until the end of July 2010, covering all the England senior, Under-21 and U19 internationals in this period, four FA Cup competitions, the Euro 2008 championship and the Fifa World Cup 2010 in South Africa.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Executive air recruitment Up to £22K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, Central London