Vodafone recruits head of brand strategy from Honda
LONDON - Honda marketer Matthew Coombe is leaving the car marque after nearly 10 years to join Vodafone UK as head of brand strategy and planning.
Coombe replaces Richard Pash, who left the mobile operator last month, and will report to Dominic Chambers, the UK head of brand and marketing communications at Vodafone.
As marketing communications manager at Honda during its long run of highly acclaimed ads such as "cog" and "grrr", Coombe helped devise communication strategies including a "mini book of help" and a Honda podcast, as well as media standouts such as being the first advertiser to use interactive ads on Channel 4 and Five.
Coombe is following his former boss Simon Thompson into the telecoms sector. Since former Honda marketing director Thompson left in January to become pan-European marketing director for Motorola, Coombe has been working under new Honda marketing director Jeff Dodds, who ended Honda's four-year relationship with communications planning agency Naked three months ago.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire