Carat takes £15m European media for Tommy Hilfiger
LONDON - Carat has been awarded the £15m European media planning and buying account for fashion brand Tommy Hilfiger, taking the account from the Interpublic Group.
The European account was previously held by Interpublic Group agencies Initiative, across continental Europe, and Brand Connection, in the UK. The network originally won the account in November 2004.
Tommy Hilfiger is known for its campaigns featuring global celebrities. These have included a US promotion featuring David Bowie and his model wife Iman and a global television campaign featuring Beyonce Knowles to push the designer label's True Star fragrance.
Avery Baker, European senior vice-president of marketing for Tommy Hilfiger, said: "Carat is not only one of the most experienced media agencies in our field, but most importantly they are able to provide a truly flexible, pan-European network to support our evolving and very specific media requirements".
The account will now be run from the Carat offices in Amsterdam.
Arjan Pomper, chief executive of Carat Netherlands, said: "I see a strong fit between the Tommy Hilfiger and Carat. We have years of relevant experience. Our company is really looking forward to significantly contributing to Tommy Hilfiger's success in Europe."
The move is another blow for the Interpublic network after the transfer of the £400m account for General Motors across Europe last month to Aegis.
Universal McCann held the business across Europe, with the exception of the £60m UK Vauxhall account and the £14m UK Saab account. Initiative held these accounts, which also moved into Aegis.
Tommy Hilfiger uses White Communications for digital media in Germany, Austria and Switzerland and Kinetic for outdoor planning and buying.
The Tommy Hilfiger Europe account spans 13 markets including the UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Ireland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Finland, Denmark and Sweden.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London