Riddell appointed to global MediaCom development role
LONDON - MediaCom has promoted Fraser Riddell, head of international, to the role of global commercial development director.
His role in the international department based in London will be taken by Gavin Duke, MediaCom's current regional managing director in Russia and the Ukraine, who will move to London to take up the position.
Riddell will be tasked with obtaining new business and driving revenue across the MediaCom network.
He will continue to be based in the London offices, and will report to MediaCom Worldwide chief executive Alexander Schmidt-Vogel.
Riddell said: "Since the acquisition of MediaCom by WPP, we have become a much stronger proposition as a network.
"The feeling is that it is now the right time to focus more on our global proposition to clients, and after discussions with the worldwide chief executive Alexander Schmidt-Vogel, that is what I have been appointed to do."
MediaCom currently bills $13bn (£7bn) globally, for clients including Procter & Gamble, T-Mobile, GlaxoSmithkline and Masterfoods. The network spans more than 100 offices in more than 80 countries worldwide.
The agency was bought by the WPP Group as part of its acquisition of the Grey Global Group in September 2004.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London
- Junior Account Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £18000 per annum, Birmingham
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London