Riddell appointed to global MediaCom development role
LONDON - MediaCom has promoted Fraser Riddell, head of international, to the role of global commercial development director.
His role in the international department based in London will be taken by Gavin Duke, MediaCom's current regional managing director in Russia and the Ukraine, who will move to London to take up the position.
Riddell will be tasked with obtaining new business and driving revenue across the MediaCom network.
He will continue to be based in the London offices, and will report to MediaCom Worldwide chief executive Alexander Schmidt-Vogel.
Riddell said: "Since the acquisition of MediaCom by WPP, we have become a much stronger proposition as a network.
"The feeling is that it is now the right time to focus more on our global proposition to clients, and after discussions with the worldwide chief executive Alexander Schmidt-Vogel, that is what I have been appointed to do."
MediaCom currently bills $13bn (£7bn) globally, for clients including Procter & Gamble, T-Mobile, GlaxoSmithkline and Masterfoods. The network spans more than 100 offices in more than 80 countries worldwide.
The agency was bought by the WPP Group as part of its acquisition of the Grey Global Group in September 2004.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- COPYWRITER - INTERNATIONAL COMPANY - NORTHAMPTON, UK - £25-26K Salt £25000 - £26000 per annum, Northampton
- Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London
- Graphic Designer Brand Recruitment £28000 per annum + benefits, Newmarket