Yell recruits former Lloyds TSB marketer to top role
LONDON - Yell UK has appointed Helen Stevenson, the former Lloyds TSB marketing head, as its chief marketing officer.
Stevenson replaces Ann Francke, who made a surprise exit from the directories business in July during the middle of an advertising agency review. Catherine Kehoe, Yell's head of marketing strategy and communications, took up the reins in the interim.
Stevenson left Lloyds TSB, where she was director of group marketing, in March this year following a number of senior personnel changes at the bank.
John Condron, Yell's chief executive, said: "We're delighted to welcome Helen. She has a very strong track record of marketing achievement in both the fast moving consumer goods and the financial services sectors -- and exactly the right blend of experience and leadership capability to build upon Yell's tradition of great marketing."
It took Lloyds TSB almost a year to appoint her in 2003 after she had been earmarked for the role. While there, Stevenson oversaw a review of its marketing strategy as part of her remit to oversee brand advertising and boost its high-street banking business. This resulted in the creation of the "You first" ad campaign, created by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R.
Stevenson read chemical engineering at Cambridge and joined Mars Confectionery in 1983. She held a number of posts at the FMCG firm, before being made European marketing director in 2001.
Stevenson said: "Yell has built one of this country's best and best-known brands through consistent commitment to customer service and value and through its long-standing record of excellent marketing and promotion. It has a first-rate marketing team and I am looking forward immensely to joining them and helping Yell continue its remarkable success story."
One of Stevenson's first jobs will be to resolve the creative review disrupted by Francke's departure.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Creative Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - £100k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £100k+, Central London