WPP makes series of agency purchases in Asia
LONDON - WPP Group has made four acquisitions in Asia including a design agency in India, an internet advertising agency in China and two marketing services agencies in South Korea.
The Indian brand identity and design agency, Ray + Keshavan Design Associates, had revenues for the year to April of 58.2m Indian rupees (£686,000) and has clients including Airtel, Infosys and Wipro.
WPP has taken a majority stake in the Bangalore-based shop, which was founded in 1989 and currently employs 33 people.
In China, WPP's Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide has acquired, subject to regulatory approval, 70% of Beijing Century Harmony Advertising, an internet ad agency.
The five-year old Beijing-based agency had revenues of 13.6m yuan (£919,000) in 2005 and has clients including ICBC, Li Ning and Yahoo! China, and employs 93 people.
China is one of WPP's fastest-growing markets and it claims its revenues from the region are higher than any of its competitors.
In South Korea, WPP's Wunderman network has agreed to acquire Seoul-based marketing services businesses SRP Corporation and ComHaus Korea.
SRP made revenues of $500,000 (£267,000) in 2005, has clients including Microsoft and Adobe, and employs 12 people.
ComHaus reported revenue of $700,000 in 2005, its clients include Microsoft and Softbank, and it has 10 staff.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Corporate Marketing Manager University of Westminster £43, 272 p.a. (incl. L.W.A.), Central London