AKQA sets up China office ahead of 2008 Olympics
HONG KONG - Digital creative agency AKQA is opening an office in China head of the Beijing Olympics in 2008.
The office will be located in Shanghai and headed by Ho Chee Yue, who has been with AKQA in Singapore for five years. He takes the title of regional director for Asia.
The office opens in November, with Coca-Cola as its first client. AKQA said it was presently recruiting creative and technical staff from across Asia Pacific. They will need to have a head for heights, as AKQA has leased office space in the Jin Mao building -- the tallest in China.
Tom Bedecarre, chief executive officer of AKQA, said: "Our global clients are looking for greater coverage in Asia and China in particular.
"With the rapid approach of the high-profile 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, AKQA will be on the ground for our clients, many of whom are Olympic sponsors, such as Coca-Cola and Visa International."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- AM and SAM - experiential - Up to £38k Stopgap £30000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - integrated agency - Central London WE ARE THOMAS £30-36k plus benefits, Central London
- Digital Designer - 6 month contract ADLIB £20000 - £25000 per annum, Somerset
- CRM Manager (1 year maternity cover) f1 Recruitment 50,000, Kensington